In their infinite wisdom, the United States Founders created the ELECTORAL COLLEGE to ensure the STATES were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for thewhole of the nation?
The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put an end to the argument against the Electoral College.
Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.
- There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
- Trump won 3,084 of them. (I bet you didn’t know this.) Clinton won 57.
- There are 62 counties in New York State. Trump won 46 of them. Clinton won 16
- Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.
- In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens) Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond).
- Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country. These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles. The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles. (In case you’re mathematics challenged, that is less than 1/10,000th of One Percent! That’s .000084 of the country for you math majors.)
When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election. Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country! And…it’s been verified and documented that those aforementioned 319 square miles are where the majority of our nations problems foment.